Friday, July 16, 2010

A New Beginning...


Hey Everyone!!

Soo... I've started a new blog in blogspot to replace my old one in Word press, for those of you that don't know me here's a quick recap - nice,sweet and simple!
I'm a city girl, born and raise in KL, I'm quite the Malaysian Rojak -Indian, Chinese and English blood run through me, muhibah? :) Growing up in a mixed family can sometimes be difficult but my loving parents have always supported their (Sometimes too liberal/ unconventional) daughter. I Studied in Limkokwing University of Creative Technology where i first started to build my modelling career, i then ended up working there in the corporate office of Tan Sri Limkokwing where i coordinated events and talents. Anyone working in this field understands when i say life was extremely hectic, countless hours in the office,eye bags,bad eating habits and constant rushing of proposals, however.... it was always exciting and gratifying seeing our hard work come to life. I had a strong team of Friends with me - they made work so much easier (who ever said you can't work with friends!)
Now life took an unexpected turn when i entered a 'little' competition - Miss Universe Malaysia 2010 . Got into the finals and eventually won! Since then my life has been going through the washer, into the dryer being spun 360 degrees over and over again... ;D Who ever though this ugly duckling could now help influence, encourage others.

Back to today.. I'm currently house bound -i Recently did a chemical skin treatment at Calvin Chan Aesthetic and laser. Basically it takes off a layer of my skin eventually giving me clear,rosy and scar free complexion.I'm currently hiding in the deepest, darkest corners of my house blogging as I'm shedding like a snake. hahahaha Part of my training as Miss Universe Malaysia 2010 is undergoing skin and laser hair removal treatments - I'm half Indian and that equals= ( alot of very stubborn hair) needless to say i now have an iron threshold of pain!
Growing up i have severe acne and for the longest time,i never thought I'd be able to leave the house without an ounce of make-up, i had low self-esteem and low confidence which i am now trying to build back up, To the ladies growing up who have side/weight/height/skin issues believe this once gawky/awkward/big boned girl you can always be groomed, it's whats inside that really counts.
I never thought of myself as much of a blogger as I'm very private about my life and the people in it,however I'm trying new things and embracing life - I've now decided it's good to document my life bit by bit as i journey on this new adventure ! Stay Tuned!!!

Love always
Dine xxx
P.S - Check out my old blog and read not only the start of my journey but the journey of the other 17 finalist as we went through the process of competing for the tittle. I was blessed to have met such strong women that I'm proud to say are still my friends today.

No comments:

Post a Comment